Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tick Tock ... *DING!*

Hey guys~

This has been a very non eventful week. All I did really was go to my friend's house with my best friend to make muffins. The three of us did our best, and let's just say they turned out crap, at best. We asked my friend's mum what she thought went wrong, and she said we used too much baking powder. Funnily enough, I recall a conversation that went along these lines;;

Me: Guys, this isn't a tablespoon.
Friend: Nah, that's the teaspoon. We need three teaspoons worth of baking powder.
Me: This isn't a teaspoon either. It's one of those ridiculous spoons that are in between; either way, it's too small to be a tablespoon and way too big to be a teaspoon.
Friend: Mary, relax. That's obviously a teaspoon.

It wasn't.

In fact, the muffins taste so bad that at first, we thought that our 'this is a teaspoon' friend had actually put 6 ounces of salt in as opposed to 6 ounces of sugar (ounces because we couldn't find any measuring equipment with grams on it).
Anyway, I decided that we would make cookies next time.  Afterwards, we went out to buy sweet things to rid our mouths of the taste of baking powder flavoured muffins. 

Moving on. Remember how my dad bought me that clock last week? Well he didn't, it was my mum that did, oops. Anyway they went to the secondhand market again and my mum got me another clock! Damn, now I don't know which one I like better.  



My brother and I only go with them every second week, because we need our sleep and unfortunately can't wake up at 6am every Sunday to go trawling through markets. Especially since I go to school every day BUT Sunday, I want to be able to sleep in at least ONCE ever two weeks.

I also got a shirt and a very pretty necklace (:


Last of all, I have a karate grading soon. I really hope I can move up, so wish me luck!
~ <3

1 comment: